Factory made product and can be easily verified as being installed in the correct manner.
Generally is used in lieu of a fire resistant sealant where the specifying authority or certifying body is concerned that the correct depths of sealant or the correct type sealant may not be applied by the contractor.
Accommodates movement in building services, e.g. the expansion or contraction of metal pipes, while maintaining the integrity of the penetration. It can be used for external wall joints in conjunction with an exterior grade sealant.
Not designed for use in control joints that are designed to accommodate high or ongoing movement.
- Easy to use
- Quick to install
- Allows for pipe movement
- Approvals for control joints as well as penetration seals for metal pipes, cables and cable trays
- Coloured for ease of identification
- Tested to AS1530.4 & AS4072.1
- Refer to Promaseal IBS Table - *If sealant is not used in this application the fire resistance achieved will be -/180/90. For joints up to 30mm wide it is possible to install a 10mm thick PROMASEAL® IBS™ into the joint on the element’s side exposed to fire without a sealant coating.
- **If sealant is not used in this application the fire resistance achieved will be -/240/180. For joints up to 30mm wide it is possible to install a 12mm thick PROMASEAL® IBS™ from the element’s side unexposed to fire without a sealant coating.
- The non fire resistant sealant consists of acrylic, silicone or polyurethane based materials. To install PROMASEAL® IBS™, compress and insert into the joints. For gaps up to 30mm, it is possible to install the PROMASEAL® IBS™ in the centre of the depth/thickness of the floor or wall without a sealant fill. The fire reistance achieved depends on the existing fire resistance level of the building element in which the PROMASEAL® IBS™ is installed.